Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson has done it again by being part of a great television series called “Power”, which he is the producer of with his G Unit Films + Television company. After having a strong season 1 in 2014, Power came back with unbelievable numbers in it’s debut on Saturday June 6th. check out the actual increase in viewership courtesy of social media and television advertising.
(courtesy of Thisis50.com)
* 1.43 million Live+SD viewers made the second season premiere episode of “Power” destination viewing on Saturday, June 6 at 9PM ET/PT, the most ever for a STARZ Original series season premiere episode.1
Tripled the original “Power” audience from June 2014 series premiere (462,000) with growth of nearly 1 million viewers since “Power” first debuted on STARZ.2
The first episode of season two of “Power” grew by 32% from the season one finale (1.08 million).3
* 3.62 million Live+SD gross weekend viewers made “Power’s” second series premiere the most watched episode ever for a STARZ Original series, besting episode five from “Spartacus: Vengeance” (3.33 million weekend viewers).4
Live+SD weekend viewership grew by 79% compared to the “Power” series premiere weekend
Live+SD weekend viewership grew by 47% compared to the “Power” season one final weekend
*“Power” is now an even bigger hit with African-American audiences, as the season two premiere episode was the #1 show on all of cable television on Saturday among African-Americans(1.11 million) and #6 for the week of June 1-7 on a viewership projections basis.7
* Additional demographic data shows that “Power” played well with younger audiences (54% A18-49) and across gender lines with a new viewership surge with women (52% W18+) in comparison to season one which had a slight male skew (49%, M18+; 45% W18+).8
* Strong results on social media: #1 on Nielsen’s Twitter TV Ratings for Saturday and in the weekly top 10 for series and specials.9
* “Power” season one averaged more than 4.7 million multiplatform viewers including linear/multiplex repeats, extended DVR, STARZ ON DEMAND, STARZ PLAY, and other on demand/online platforms.10
”Power” airs in more than 175 countries/territories worldwide. Starz retains all global distribution and home entertainment rights to the series. “Power” season two is ten episodes long and airs exclusively on STARZ
at 9PM ET/PT.
We can actually say “50 cent has another big paid day”. Please check out Power on the Starz network.